Access to Higher Education Diploma (Osteopathic Sciences & Health Care)
The BSO welcomes students from a diverse range of backgrounds, including other careers, non-academic backgrounds or even straight from school or college. Our Access course is a one-year part time course designed to give those who need it the right foundation knowledge to continue on to further study on our M.Ost course.
The course lasts for one academic year, beginning in September and ending in June. All students who successfully complete the course are guaranteed a place on the M.Ost Full Time or Part Time the following year.
It is validated by Laser Learning Awards.
Click here to download the prospectus for the Access to Higher Education Diploma.
How do I apply?
Download our application form
For more information, please contact the BSO's friendly admissions team on +44 (0)20 7089 5316 or email email@example.com
Our timetable is designed to help you fit your studies around other committments such as family or work.
Classes are held on Fridays from 18:00 - 21:00 and Saturdays from 09:00-18:00.
You will be expected to undertake some study at home to support this.
- You are over 18 and can demonstrate an interest in osteopathy
- You have GCSE level qualifications
- You are available to study on Friday evenings and Saturdays for one year
- You are able to study independently
Key teaching areas
- Foundation level biological and physical sciences
- Introduction to psychology and sociology for healthcare students
- Communication and critical thinking skills
- Development of study techniques