Professional Doctorate in Osteopathy
British School of Osteopathy (BSO)’s Professional Doctorate in Osteopathy programme is the first of its kind, setting a new level of osteopathic scholarship. The programme is most likely to appeal to one of three groups:
- Osteopaths working in osteopathic education where career enhancement may be a major motivation for pursuing D.Prof. (Ost)
- Osteopaths who are interested in research and who wish to follow an academic career in osteopathy without necessarily wanting to teach.
- Individuals who want to take up the challenge of doctoral level study as part of their personal and professional development and for whom the process will be an end in itself.
You should hold:
- An Honours degree; plus:
- A postgraduate qualification demonstrating advanced competence in research methods*; or
- A qualification recognised as equivalent to the above, including some Masters-level learning
- Applicants must have at least four years’ post-graduation experience in clinical and/or education practice and must continue in practice throughout the programme
* You may undertake a qualification in research methods whilst registered on the D.Prof. (Ost) but must complete this before the end of the second year of the programme. A Postgraduate Certificate in Research Methodology is offered by the BSO.
For more information contact our Admissions department on +44 (0)20 7089 5316 or email email@example.com